Stilla is hiring a Field Service Engineer
Missions for the Fiel Service Engineer
The Field Service Engineer’s primary responsibilities will be to provide technical support related to the Naica™ System (digital PCR equipment) by interfacing with R&D, Operations, Production, and the Sales teams. This role will require exceptional communication & interpersonal skills. You are self-motivated and passionate about maintaining a new innovating instrument in the Life Science and Clinical research fields.
We are searching for a candidate for a field-based technical position, responsible for the customer support. As a Field Service Engineer, you have a strong knowledge in the area of Engineering and Instrumentation in the Life Science market. You will demonstrate technical credibility to make sure our customers are 100% satisfied with Stilla and the Naica system. You enjoy supporting customers and helping them troubleshoot their systems/instrumentation.
• Perform preventive and curative maintenance of Stilla’s equipment and/or products for customers.
• Provide technical support and instructions (operational or maintenance aspects). • Assist and manage inventory management of spare parts.
• Assist Application Specialists/Technical Support in system troubleshooting for customers on the field.
• Troubleshoot and test new tools (CRM; SAP; etc.). Problem-solving oriented.
• Serve as customer liaison on service-related problems.
• Produce technical content. Develop, write, and edit technical documentation for internal and external communication.
• Work within a team environment and escalate unresolved issues to appropriate departments.
• Communicate with end users, keeping them informed of technical support progress. Monitor customer satisfaction.
• Ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• You can operate effectively with different professionals in an international team environment and in multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Clear vision of customers’ expectations and commitment to provide outstanding customer service.
• You are interested in continuously expanding your personal and professional skills with appropriate training.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in French and English with the ability to interact at all levels. Additional language (German; Spanish; etc.) is a plus.
• Strong customer relationship skills.
• Experienced in project management with organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Excellent computer & networking knowledge.
• A Bachelor’s in mechanical/electronical engineering or related field; or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• A minimum of 3-5 years technical support experience in the Life Science field, ideally in capital equipment.
• Self-directed with strong initiative achievements.
• Strong understanding of multi-cultural communication styles.
• Experiences in a fast-paced and dynamic environment including flexibility around schedule and function.
• Experience in Quality Control (QMS) Environments and servicing laboratory instrumentation.
• Knowledge of CRM tools (SAP, Zendesk) is a plus.
• Knowledge of genomics technologies (PCR, qPCR, dPCR, NGS) is a plus.