For optimal use, the image acquisition step can be performed either on the fixed Naica™ PC provided by Stilla or on any other fixed PC which has the following specifications:
- Operating System: Windows 10 in 64 bits
- Disk storage: 1 TB (allowing to store ~1000 .ncx experiments of 12 chambers each for the Sapphire chips)
- RAM: at least 16 GB
- Processors: Intel Core i5 or higher, at least 2 cores of 2 GHz or higher
- Graphical Card: recommended (equivalent to NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 or higher)
- Screen resolution: at least 1920 x 1080; aspect ratio 16:9
- Computer tower case & motherboard should be compatible with the addition of a PCI express card “Expansion card USB 3.0”, equivalent to the PEXUSB3S25 model, on the rear side of the PC. This USB 3.0 extension card allows efficient USB communication between the Naica™ PC and the Naica™ Prism3 instrument.